Tax Treatment of Virtual Currency
According to a survey done by the Pew Research Center whose results were published in November 2021, 16% of Americans indicated they personally have invested in, traded or otherwise used virtual currency . Additionally, the number of people investing in or engaging in transactions involving virtual currency continue to increase. These statistics strongly suggest that tax preparers must be aware of the nature of virtual currency and its tax treatment. It’s to provide that awareness that Tax Treatment of Virtual Currency was written. This is a basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 2 CE credits in the IRS Federal Tax Law category.
- recognize the methods of obtaining and storing virtual currency
- describe how transactions involving virtual currency work
- understand the basic nature of blockchains
- apply the existing U.S. tax laws to virtual currency transactions
- identify when and where to report taxable virtual currency events and transactions
To stay current with the IRS Tax Laws, exam access will expire after 1 year from the course purchase date. Your account will remain active which allows you to retrieve your Order history and Course Certificate.