**This course is now expired and no longer qualifies for IRS CE Credit. To avoid study material confusion, the course materials and final exam have been removed from this course.
This self-study courses discusses important tax changes for 2017 tax returns and basic information on the tax system. It also discusses the requirements for filing a tax return and which filing status to choose. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 1 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- Recall important tax changes to be used for 2017 tax returns.
- Recognize the length of the automatic extension provided by filing Form 4868.
- Recognize the various filing statuses and who is eligible to use them.
- Recall the various requirements for a qualifying child.
- Identify the purpose of estimated taxes.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 5 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”