For Course Materials please scroll to the bottom.
This self-study courses discusses important tax changes for 2021 tax returns and basic information on the tax system. It also discusses the requirements for filing a tax return and which filing status to choose. Though this basic tax course does not require any prerequisites, its recommended target audience is for existing Enrolled Agents, however anyone may take this course. This course provides 2 CE credits in the IRS Federal Tax Law category.
- Recall important tax changes to be used for 2021 tax returns.
- Recognize the length of the automatic extension provided by filing Form 4868.
- Recognize the various filing statuses and who is eligible to use them.
- Recall the various requirements for a qualifying relative.
- Identify the purpose of estimated taxes.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”