This self-study courses discusses important tax changes for 2018 tax returns and basic information on the tax system. It also discusses the requirements for filing a tax return and which filing status to choose. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 2 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- Recall important tax changes to be used for 2018 tax returns.
- Recognize the length of the automatic extension provided by filing Form 4868.
- Recognize the various filing statuses and who is eligible to use them.
- Recall the various requirements for a qualifying child.
- Identify the purpose of estimated taxes.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”