**This course is now expired and no longer qualifies for IRS CE Credit. To avoid study material confusion, the course materials and final exam have been removed from this course.
IRS Program Number: YH9W1-E-00063-19-S
This course examines tax preparer conduct standards. It addresses the issues of confidentiality, accuracy, conflict of interest, taxpayer omissions and return of client records. The ethical rules governing these issues are discussed, and tax preparers are presented with real-world scenarios that focus on the ethical issues that may be encountered in their professional activities. A final examination covering the course material is administered. This course is a basic tax level course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 2 CE credits in IRS Ethics.
- Recognize the permitted scope of tax return preparer responsibilities;
- Identify the best practices for tax advisers in preparing or assisting in the preparation of a submission to the Internal Revenue Service;
- List the various sanctions that may be imposed for a preparer’s failure to comply with applicable conduct rules.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- <Course Materials Removed (Out-dated)>