**This course is now expired and no longer qualifies for IRS CE Credit. To avoid study material confusion, the course materials and final exam have been removed from this course.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (the Act) was signed by the President on December 22, 2017. This self-study course focuses primarily on individual and business tax reform, provides a summary of the changes to the tax law as a result of this Act. It does not provide detail of the changes to exempt organizations or international taxation. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 10 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law Updates.
- Identify the individual Federal income tax rates and the standard deduction amounts under the Act.
- Recognize some of the changes to the taxation of specified service businesses.
- Identify changes to family and individual tax credits.
- Recognize changes made to individual deductions and exclusions.
- Recall the changes made by the Act to length of service awards.
- Identify changes made by the Act to the generation-skipping transfer tax and to the estate and gift tax exemption.
- Recall what changes were made to the individual alternative minimum tax (AMT).
- Recall what change was made to the shared responsibility payment related to the minimal essential coverage required per the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Identify the time limit for bringing civil action for a wrongful IRS levy.
- Recall the top corporate income tax rate under the Act.
- Recognize changes made by the business cost recovery provisions.
- Identify changes created by the Act that will impact small businesses.
- Recall impacts on business related exclusions and deductions as a result of the Act.
- Identify changes to business credits as a result of the Act.
- Recognize the impact of the Act on energy credits.
- Recall the effective date of the changes to tax-exempt bonds for professional stadiums.
- Identify the impact of the Act on insurance, compensation and other provisions of the Act.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”