This course provides the tools needed to successfully deal with the IRS when addressing and settling a tax debt. It presents information on the most common way taxpayers attempt to reduce their tax debts – the Offer in Compromise (OIC). It also reviews the bankruptcy code and provides details on penalties and interest that can accrue. This basic tax course does not require any prerequisites and may be taken by anyone, however we recommend this course for existing tax preparers. This course qualifies for 4 CE credits in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- Recall the characteristics of the various installment agreements available to taxpayers
- Identify under what circumstances the IRS can abate penalties and interest
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”