**This course is now expired and no longer qualifies for IRS CE Credit. To avoid study material confusion, the course materials and final exam have been removed from this course.
This self-study courses discusses important tax implications of selling a home, as well as the investment of a second home for personal or rental purposes. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 2 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- To recognize the tax rules that apply when an individual sells his or her main home
- To identify some of the tax implications of owning a second home, whether or not for rental purposes
- To identify how the passive activity and at-risk rules affect the deductibility of investment losses
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- <Course Materials Removed (Out-dated)>