This self-study courses discusses important tax implications of selling a home, as well as the investment of a second home for personal or rental purposes. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 2 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- To recognize the tax rules that apply when an individual sells his or her main home
- To identify some of the tax implications of owning a second home, whether or not for rental purposes
- To identify how the passive activity and at-risk rules affect the deductibility of investment losses
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”