This self-study course will guide you through maximizing business deductions for transportation, recordkeeping requirements, and how to report employee business expenses on Form 2106. It includes detailed explanations and practical examples of how the tax law is applied. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 3 CE credit in the Tax Law category.
- Recall deductible transportation expenses.
- Identify the Section 179 deduction requirements.
- Recognize the rules regarding the depreciation of vehicles.
- Recognize the various recordkeeping requirements for travel, gift, and transportation expenses.
- Identify what is required to adequately account to an employer for employee business expenses.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 15 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”