**This course is now expired and no longer qualifies for IRS CE Credit. To avoid study material confusion, the course materials and final exam have been removed from this course.
This self-study explains how to figure your tax and how to figure the tax of certain children who have more than $2,100 of unearned income. Also discussed are various tax credits, such as earned income tax credit and the adoption credit. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 3 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- Recognize various alternative minimum tax adjustments and preference items.
- Recall the rules related to the tax on unearned income of certain children.
- Recall how to figure the child and dependent care credit.
- Identify who qualifies to take the credit for the elderly or disabled.
- Recall who qualifies for the child tax credit and the additional child tax credit.
- Identify the requirements for and benefits of the American opportunity credit and the lifetime learning credit.
- Recall the limit of investment income to qualify for the earned income credit.
- Recognize who is eligible to claim the premium tax credit.
- Identify various nonrefundable and refundable credits available for income tax purposes.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 15 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”