This self-study explains how to figure your tax and how to figure the tax of certain children who have more than $2,100 of unearned income. Also discussed are various tax credits, such as earned income tax credit and the adoption credit. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 3 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- Recognize various alternative minimum tax adjustments and preference items.
- Recall the rules related to the tax on unearned income of certain children.
- Recall how to figure the child and dependent care credit.
- Identify who qualifies to take the credit for the elderly or disabled.
- Recall who qualifies for the child tax credit and the additional child tax credit.
- Identify the requirements for and benefits of the American opportunity credit and the lifetime learning credit.
- Recall the limit of investment income to qualify for the earned income credit.
- Recognize who is eligible to claim the premium tax credit.
- Identify various nonrefundable and refundable credits available for income tax purposes.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 15 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”