**This course is now expired and no longer qualifies for IRS CE Credit. To avoid study material confusion, the course materials and final exam have been removed from this course.
This self-study course discusses car expenses such as the standard mileage deduction or the actual car expenses, and knowing which option will maximize your deductions. Other topics discussed are Special Depreciation Allowance, deduction for leasing a car, and how the disposition of a car can affect your taxes. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 2 CE credits in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- Recall deductible transportation expenses.
- Identify the Section 179 deduction requirements.
- Recognize the rules regarding depreciation of transportation vehicles.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
<Course Materials Removed (Out-dated)>