For Course Materials please scroll to the bottom.
This self-study course discusses investment gains and losses, including how to figure your basis in property. A gain from selling or trading stocks, bonds, or other investment property may be taxed or it may be tax free, at least in part. A loss may or may not be deductible. These chapters also discuss gains from selling property you personally use – including the special rules for selling your home. Though this basic tax course does not require any prerequisites, its recommended target audience is for existing Enrolled Agents, however anyone may take this course. This course provides 2 CE credits in the IRS Federal Tax Law category.
- Identify the factors to consider in calculating the basis of property.
- Recognize the taxability of the sale of personal use property.
- Identify the special tax rules related to selling your home.
- Recall the capital gain rates for the current year.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”