This self-study course discusses investment gains and losses, including how to figure your basis in property. A gain from selling or trading stocks, bonds, or other investment property may be taxed or it may be tax free, at least in part. A loss may or may not be deductible. These chapters also discuss gains from selling property you personally use – including the special rules for selling your home. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 2 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- Identify the factors to consider in calculating the basis of property.
- Recognize the taxability of the sale of personal use property.
- Identify the special tax rules related to selling your home.
- Recall the capital gain rates for the current year.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”