**This course is now expired and no longer qualifies for IRS CE Credit. To avoid study material confusion, the course materials and final exam have been removed from this course.
This self-study course discusses investment gains and losses, including how to figure your basis in property. These chapters also discuss gains from selling property you personally use – including the special rules for selling your home. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 2 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- Identify the factors to consider in calculating the basis of property.
- Recognize the taxability of the sale of personal use property.
- Identify the special tax rules related to selling your home.
- Recall the capital gain rates for the current year.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- <Course Materials Removed (Out-dated)>