This self-study course discusses some of the adjustments to income that you can deduct in figuring your adjusted gross income. Also discussed are contributions made to traditional individual retirement arrangements (IRAs), moving expenses, alimony paid, educator expenses, student loan interest, and tuition and fees paid. This is a Basic tax course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 5 CE credit in IRS Federal Tax Law.
- Recall the thresholds, requirements, and additional taxes related to individual retirement arrangements.
- Recognize what is and is not alimony.
- Identify education-related adjustments that can be made to income.
- Identify what business-related expenses associated with travel, transportation, and gifts are deductible.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- Download Course Materials <–To Download this file to your computer, Right-click the link and chose “Save File As”