**This course is now expired and no longer qualifies for IRS CE Credit. To avoid study material confusion, the course materials and final exam have been removed from this course.
Federal Income Tax Changes examines the current tax changes effective for 2018 that are more significant from the perspective of an income tax preparer. Context is provided, as appropriate, to assist readers in understanding the changes. A brief discussion of the individual taxpayer provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 is also included. This course is a basic tax level course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 3 CE credits in IRS Federal Tax Law Updates.
Upon completion of the course, readers should be able to:
- •List the current year changes in various amounts including: Standard mileage rates, The standard deduction, The AMT exemption amount, The limits related to income from U.S. Savings Bonds for taxpayers paying higher education expenses, and Deductions for qualified long-term care insurance premiums;
- •Identify the current year tax credit changes affecting the: Child tax credit, Saver’s credit, Earned income credit, and Adoption credit;
- • Recognize the changes affecting: Health Savings Account (HSA) and Archer Medical Savings Accounts (MSA) requirements and contribution limits, Roth IRA eligibility, and Traditional IRA contribution deductibility for active participants in employer-sponsored qualified plans; and
- •List the changes affecting the: Individual penalties under the shared responsibility provision mandating maintenance of health insurance coverage, Small employer premium tax credit, and Applicable large employer mandate.
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 15 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- <Course Materials Removed (Out-dated)> If you would like a copy of this course materials for your reference, please reach out to us by email and we will reply with the course materials as an attached PDF file.