**This course is now expired and no longer qualifies for IRS CE Credit. To avoid study material confusion, the course materials and final exam have been removed from this course.
This course provides a brief overview of important tax changes for 2017 to the individual income tax laws as well as a review of important changes from recent years. Topics covered include annual inflation updates, the Protecting Americans From Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015, expanded due diligence requirements for certain credits, best practices concerning tax related identity theft and safeguarding taxpayer data, and a review of tax due dates for the upcoming year. This course is a basic tax level course with no prerequisites, and qualifies for 3 CE credits in IRS Federal Tax Law Updates.
- To identify annual inflation adjustments for 2017
- To recall the changes to tax law from the PATH Act
- To recognize the enhanced due diligence requirements for the EITC, AOTC, and CTC
- To identify warning signs of tax related identity theft
- To recognize best practices in safeguarding taxpayer information
- To identity the due date for filing an individual income tax return in 2017
- Study each Chapter
- Answer review questions at the end of each chapter
- Pass the Final Exam with a score of 70 percent or better
Final Exam and Certification
The final exam consists of 15 multiple-choice questions on the information covered in the course materials. To receive credit for this course, you must click on the Exam below to initiate the exam. A passing score of 70 percent or better will receive course credit and a Certificate of Completion.
- <Course Materials Removed (Out-dated)>